“It is brilliant! The scientists are all so engaged with the kids, they are really quick with their responses and are very positive and friendly with the kids too.”
Feedback after a live chat, May 2020
Benefits for group leaders
You’re in control:
- If you’re taking part with a group of young people, you get to see who has logged in and what questions they’ve asked.
- You can download transcripts of live chat sessions.
It’s secure and safe:
- No personal details are shared on the site, and content is moderated.
Read our safeguarding statement ❯
Everything’s designed for easy, online access:
- Signing up is quick and easy
- Young people can log in at any time to read scientists’ profiles and send questions in ASK.
- Young people create their own accounts using a link you create. This will take them around 10 minutes; send it to them the day before your chat, or earlier.
- You book chats for times that suit you and your group, or join open chats.
It’s free to take part:
- Thanks to our funders, you do not have to pay to take part.
Benefits for young people
They stay connected
- Taking part in I’m a Scientist helps them stay in touch with each other, and with group leaders.
They see science in the real world
- Young people get to see scientists are normal people with hobbies and interests and pets and families.
- Young people see how science relates to real life.
They discover new careers they didn’t know existed
- Young people connect with scientists from a diverse range of backgrounds, disciplines, and industries.
- They see scientists as role models, and start to see themselves in similar roles.
Register to book your live chat ❯
It takes 2 minutes to register